There are many people who are interested in losing weight. But it appears that very few of them are actually successful with it. As a result, there is plenty of great advice available to help you out with losing weight. In this article you will learn some of the best tips available to successfully lose weight in a healthy way.
How To Lose Weight- Some Excellent Tips
Here are some tips on how to lose weight that you may not have thought of:
- Get smaller plates. To help yourself eat less and lose weight, invest in some smaller dinner plates. Smaller plates will trick your brain into thinking that you’ve eaten an entire meal, when in fact you’ve reduced your portion size by a third or more. You can even order food at a restaurant to come on a salad plate.
- Avoid all fried foods! All fried foods contain calories derived from the oil in which they were made. This adds needless calories to your diet along with no extra nutrients. French fries, for example, contain more calories from the oil they were made in than the potatoes they actually are.
- Drink more water. Weight loss is impossible without water. Many times your body can trigger a hunger response to thirst. If you drink a big glass of water before you eat you will know if you are really hungry or if you are just dehydrated. Keep a drink for yourself on hand at all times.
- Eat breakfast every morning. Research has shown that people who eat breakfast each morning take in fewer calories during the day than those who do not eat breakfast. Since the primary part of weight loss is burning more calories than you take in, the less you take in the better.
- Try intermittent fasting. This is like the flip side of ensuring that you eat breakfast. The main principle of intermittent fasting is to have a period of time where you are fasting out of the 24 hours. The main type is too fast for 16 hours. You can omit breakfast and eat your first meal of the meal at noon or later. Then eat your second meal around 6 pm. This way, you will be fasting for 16 hours every day- between 6 pm and 12 noon the next day. Depending on your schedule, you can eat breakfast at 8 am and dinner at 4 pm. Your daily fast will also be 16 hours. With intermittent fasting, you don’t have to change what you eat or how much you eat as long as you are eating a reasonable diet.
- Eat like an athlete. Do you want to know how many athletes manage their weight? They eat lean proteins, plenty of vegetables and salads. This should be your watchword too if you are hardcore about getting in shape. You need lean proteins to help your body maintain and build muscle as you are getting rid of your fat. You also need the vegetables and salads for their high levels of nutrients and fiber. Carbs are there too, but they play a background role. By giving your body just the fuel it needs to build muscle and nourish itself, it can focus on becoming a fat-burning machine.
- Eat more broccoli. Broccoli is helpful in losing weight. Broccoli contains so many antioxidants making it one of the best vegetable choices around. It can be eaten raw or steamed. Personally, I prefer steamed. Your body will really like this treat!
- If you must eat snacks, eat a healthy snack. Eating snacks is one way to eat too many calories in a day. I don’t recommend snacks at all. But some people have to eat a snack or just want to eat a snack. Having healthy emergency snacks can go a long way to assuring that a diet is accomplished. Keeping plastic bags with nuts, fruits or vegetables with you, can help curb cravings when you don’t have time to cook or stop at a restaurant for a healthy meal. Apples are great in this regard. Same holds true for celery sticks or carrots.Beware of nuts because they may be healthy but they pact a lot of calories as well. Seeds like sunflower seeds may be a good alternative. This way, you’ll never be tempted to grab unhealthy snacks for a quick bite.
- Try working weight training into your daily life. The more muscle mass you have, the more calories you will burn. Combining weight training with proper cardiovascular exercise are not only great for your overall health, but perfect compliments to a healthy diet. Although muscle does weigh more than fat, it is really fat loss that you are desiring and not weight. Consult your doctor before any major changes in your routine.
- Work standing up. Here is a great weight loss tip. There are a lot of tasks that you do seated at your desk that could just as easily be done standing up. You will burn more calories throughout the day by standing up in your work area rather than sitting in your chair all day.
The Role Of Exercise
A great way to accelerate weight loss is to add interval training to your exercise regimen. Varying your usual workouts to include sessions consisting of short bursts of intense activity interspersed with longer periods of rest can produce impressive results. An additional benefit of interval training is that it promotes greater fat loss in a shorter period of time than traditional steady-state cardiovascular exercise.
Cardio is a great way to shed those extra pounds quickly. These exercises make your heart beat faster and burn fat more quickly than strength training. Any exercise that increases your heart rate will qualify as cardiovascular activity. You should find an activity that you enjoy and do it.
Exercise daily, even if you only have time to exercise for a few minutes. Permanent weight loss is nearly impossible without some type of exercise. Exercise not only burns calories, it builds muscle. Since muscle burns fat it is important to build more muscle to achieve weight and fat loss.
Sustainable Weight Loss
In order to lose weight in a healthy manner, avoid a crash diet approach to weight loss. Set realistic, attainable weight-loss goals for yourself. If you set unattainable goals, you set yourself up for failure and disappointment. Remember, successful and sustainable weight loss is not a sprint. It is a marathon.
Remember to give yourself some flexibility in your diet. The people who are most likely to lose weight but least likely to keep it off are those who are doing some kind of fad diet which has quick weight loss. Your goal should be to have incremental but sustainable weight loss over a period of time.
In this post I have provided some really good tips to help you lose weight. These include using smaller plates, avoiding fried foods, eating like an athlete. Other tips such as eating more broccoli, eating only healthy snacks and working standing up instead of sitting in a chair can accelerate our weight loss process. It is also important to incorporate weight training into your routine and exercise daily. Finally, avoid crash diets that are unsustainable.
If you utilize these tips, you are likely to succeed in losing weight and keeping it off. And always remember that losing weight takes effort and patience. It is a marathon and not a sprint.
Until next time, this is the Natural Medicine Ninja, signing off. ADIOS!